Monday, April 26, 2004

well then

let me first say that i really, really appreciate any comments that i get on my posts. i want to be critiqued as a writer, and leaving my comments script on my blog is the only way i can get some constructive criticism from the handful of people who visit here regularly. or irregularly. either's fine by me.

but it seems i must address this subject. again.

i'm totally up for free speech. people can say whatever they want. but as the owner of this blog, i can use my right to delete comments that i think aren't constructive to anyone, and if anything resemble the startings of a flame fest.

i'm all for criticism. if i didn't want criticism, i wouldn't have comments. but constructive criticism, not comments based on who you think i am, personally. i think about three or four people can adress me very personally in the comments, and that's because they're around me every day. i hate things being pushed on me, because someone has a skewed idea of who i am. and this is "the person", not "the little things of the person at the time that i present them online".

and maybe i am overreacting to this whole thing. maybe i'm reacting personally rather than unbiased, like i do to everything else on the net. in fact, i know i'm reacting personally.

but then again i see those comments and it seems to me that you're reacting personally also.

chris, you're right. you have a right to free speech, and i shouldn't bitch about it. but, you know, instead of just disagreeing, you could suggest something i could do to change my situation.

kind of like, oh, i don't know, constructive criticism.

to everyone who has bothered to read through this whole post, thank you. and your comments are still greatly appreciated.

especially to shadow and error, whose comments have really helped me to focus on what i really am trying to say/write.

and of course to alex, kyle, and brian.

there's some linkage to tide you (and me) over for the next 2-3 weeks, seeing as how i have too much homework to do and no creative streak to allow me to write.

off.

No comments: