Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Candy Mountain Charlie!

It snowed. Again. There was a time when I loved the snow. It meant getting to stay at home and drink coffee and hang out with mi Ma, getting a day off from homework and then possibly having decent snow to ski in if I could convince anyone to take me out to Taos.

That was before I had to move out of the apartment into the new house in the middle of a frickin blizzard. Seriously, snow in New Mexico is awesome when it happens, but 6" to a foot every weekend for 3-4 weeks is a bit much for people who have no infrastructure to deal with snow that actually sticks.

But it is beautiful when it comes down all soft and fluffy, covering trees and rocks and lights (and roads before people actually try driving on them). I wonder how the roadrunner that lives around here is dealing with the snow? I always see him perching on planters and roaming around the neighborhood. We were wondering how he got here, why he stays, and why no one believes me when I tell them that a roadrunner lives on my block. But he's super cute!

Anyway, I plan on making brownies for the house to celebrate Valentine's Day, possibly changing a Wordpress template into straight html (since Blogger doesn't handle PHP and whatnot), and avoiding writing papers before heading off to class at 5:30pm.

Ah, snow days.

No comments: