Wednesday, January 07, 2004

you like the taste of danger

i have a funny intuition.

funny in the bringer of evil kind of way.

i was feeling so crappy the end of the day that i let my mother drive us home from school. i never do that mostly because if i'm in my car, i prefer to be the one that drives it. that and it's really freaky to be the passenger in your car. it's just... wrong. anyway, ever since last last november whenever i drive with my mom i always try and not think about how i would drive (i'm a backseat driver, just in my head). so i had this feeling today, like that day back two novembers ago, the feeling that there would be some sort of drama involving the car.

and oh, i was right again. my mom just called about ten minutes ago saying that she got in an accident coming back from the hospital. and totalled my car.

the funny thing is, it didn't phase me at all. i mean sure i like my car, but it's just a car. i have no real attachment to it because it doesn't matter. conflict definitely arises from this, my dad's truck died a few days ago, so he's been using my mom's van. my brother is using his car. we don't really have the money to get any car fixed, or get a used one.

but i get no anxiety from this news. which is weird considering how much i've been known to freak over little stuff. i think it's because of my extreme tiredness, the fact that i'm consciously choosing to not do my calc or physics homework, the fact that right now none of that stuff really matters. all i can really focus on now is sleep, but i have to wait on that until later.

i don't know. i just thought it was odd that i have some sort of intuition thing associated with bad news.

edit: apparently not totalled, just the front bumper. still be a while to get it fixed, but not as bad as first thought. we think.

No comments: