Thursday, June 26, 2003

um... holy fuck batman...

now i saw that they switched my old blog over to the new interface a couple of weeks ago. didn't get all that worked up about it 'cause i damn near never use that blog anyway. but now, now it's new blogger worldwide. at least on pyromania. good thing: it's blue! and me likes my blue. good thing: from what i can see, the settings are easier/nicer to use. and it looks like you can have a title bar set on every post... i like the old heading tag myself so i'll probably keep it. thirdly: the whole archives on your main, the one i could never in my life figure out, is now an option. it let's you freakin choose if you want your archives on your main or on another page.

looks like so far they're getting their shit together. now let's see if i still get any of those stupid java publishing errors. and then go to the help page and see that it's broken.

bad thing: it's different! just when i got totally used to everything blogger (except stupid error messages), they change it on me. bad thing: possible errors in the switchover. switch-over. switch. no longer makes any sense in my head.

now that i've ranted about blogger, let me get on to the other thing i've been doing. listening to wil's audblog. road tripping to from LA to tulsa. i can relate to most of the things in his trip from LA to burque, except for one: acoma. yeah, we went and checked out acoma pueblo (from a ways away, didn't want to pay the little tourist fee to actually go up there and check it out). but there's one thing i know you don't do at a pueblo: take pictures. big no no. usually you even try to whip out a camera at a pueblo and you're politely (if not forceably) removed. so yeah. bit of a shock that the security guard let them take pictures. despite the huge sign that says "NO PICTURES" or something of the sort that you pass while going to see acoma.

ranted enough about that. it's just that it shocks the hell out of me.

it also seems that they got in on the end of the fire on tuesday. and then last night it starts up again. and stupid news cuts in on the last ten minutes of law and order. and it was a good law and order too. bah.

yesterday i went back over to sawbones' (fallen angel). they say that yeah, i have enough room to pierce my ears again before i hit cartilage. which means that i'd have my aunt do it again like my last two. but sawbones is so cool, and really helpful (we talked about cartilage piercings and how new mexico is one of the only states where piercing guns aren't illegal), and i'd way rather give my money to him than aware. and i think i really do want a cartilage piercing. so it's this: either next week i go over to my aunt and have her pierce my ears (no cartilage) again, or go to fallen angel and have them pierce my cartilage (and i'm getting both ears done). with my aunt, it's free, and only 3-6 weeks of healing time. with sawbones, it's $90 ($45 per cartilage piercing), and 3-6 months of healing time. so i have to spend the next week figuring out what the hell i'm gonna do. because it's gonna be one of them this summer and the other one next summer, i just have to figure out which one i want done now.

i just can't get over how blue this new interface is.

now i must get off and eat breakfast. or lunch, since it is almost noon. and i must try to get a hold of alex.

No comments: